GR voting period about to expire ...
Isaac Clerencia
2004-06-30 10:59:40 UTC
and only 250 DD have voted.

Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
Petter Reinholdtsen
2004-06-30 11:03:33 UTC
[Isaac Clerencia]
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Hm, yes. I've been busy and delayed my voting for too long. I'll get
my acts together in time. :)

I hope the rest of us will do the same. :)
Jérôme Marant
2004-06-30 11:34:13 UTC
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
So what?
--
Jérôme Marant
Andreas Metzler
2004-06-30 11:44:42 UTC
Post by Jérôme Marant
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
So what?
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.
Anthony Towns in 2004-02 on debian-devel
Josselin Mouette
2004-06-30 12:37:58 UTC
Post by Andreas Metzler
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
Maybe it only means that the issue doesn't have the importance some
people would like to give it.
--
.''`. Josselin Mouette /\./\
: :' : ***@ens-lyon.org
`- Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom
Josip Rodin
2004-07-01 14:47:43 UTC
Post by Josselin Mouette
Post by Andreas Metzler
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
Maybe it only means that the issue doesn't have the importance some
people would like to give it.
Ah, so you mean that who gets to be our main PR person in the next year is
more important than the time and content of the next release? No wonder we
don't get any work done :P
2. That which causes joy or happiness.
Jérôme Marant
2004-06-30 13:20:18 UTC
Post by Andreas Metzler
Post by Jérôme Marant
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
So what?
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
Editorial changes are not an issue ;-) (feeding the troll)

Maybe are they fed up with politics?
Or maybe do they think the wording of the current DFSG is fine?
Who knows ...
--
Jérôme Marant
Frank Küster
2004-06-30 13:46:48 UTC
Post by Jérôme Marant
Or maybe do they think the wording of the current DFSG is fine?
Then they should vote and at least rank D lower that further
discussion.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie
Daniel Burrows
2004-06-30 13:57:46 UTC
Post by Andreas Metzler
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
Do we have evidence that votes are evenly distributed throughout the
voting period?

Daniel
--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <***@debian.org> -------------------\
| After the game, the king and |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
2004-06-30 14:10:12 UTC
Post by Daniel Burrows
Post by Andreas Metzler
It is sad isn't it, if only a quarter of the d-ds care to vote on a
issue a lot more important than the DPL election.
Do we have evidence that votes are evenly distributed throughout the
voting period?
No, to the contrary, although it isn't very far off ignoring the
irregular voting frequency, usually hopping based on call for votes. See
[1]. Note that this thread is very likely the cause for the current jump
in number of votes. Active campaigning for voting might help[2]!

See [3], [4] and [5] for older graphs of past votes this year.
Fortunately, it seems the last 2 days or so feature usually a 'just in
time to vote' race to the ballot box.

--Jeroen

[1] http://master.debian.org/~srivasta/gr_sarge_vote_detailed.html
[2] But maybe all those voting now would otherwise have voted just
before the deadline, nobody knows...
[3] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/leader2004_vote_detailed
[4] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_non_free_vote_detailed
[5] http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/gr_editorial_vote_detailed
--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
***@wolffelaar.nl (also for Jabber & MSN; ICQ: 33944357)
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl
Isaac Clerencia
2004-06-30 12:29:48 UTC
Post by Jérôme Marant
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
So what?
So less than a third of DD's care about releasing/not releasing Sarge now or
in a year, with or without conforming to the current Social Contract ...
Zenaan Harkness
2004-06-30 20:23:23 UTC
Post by Isaac Clerencia
Post by Jérôme Marant
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
Voting period expires Friday, July 2nd, 23:59:59 UTC, 2004
So what?
So less than a third of DD's care about releasing/not releasing Sarge now or
in a year, with or without conforming to the current Social Contract ...
Ahh, the world is so apathetic ...

... but who gives a rats.
Isaac Clerencia

Christian Perrier
2004-07-01 06:38:36 UTC
Post by Isaac Clerencia
and only 250 DD have voted.
/me wonders whether some points of
http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/talks/debconf4/img4.html
are indeed far more true than we all think...